Almost Athletes Health And Safety Policy Statement
Updated: November 2019
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT:
Almost Athletes is strongly committed to encouraging our members to take part, but the health, well-being and safety of each individual is always our paramount concern. We recommend our members participate in levels of training dependent on their ability, and health and we expect our athletes to participate within these boundaries. We also expect our Coaches and Leaders in running fitness to support members within the boundaries of their capabilities.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY:
To support our Health and Safety policy statement we are committed to the following duties:
- Undertake regular, recorded risk assessment of premises used for training purposes and all activities undertaken by the club.
- Create a safe environment by putting health and safety measures in place as identified by the assessment before the run or training session takes place. ** Note external unforeseen hazards not apparent at the time of the initial assessment and found during runs led by LIRF will be jointly managed by the LIRF and the running group members at that time.
- Ensure that all members are provided with an appropriate level of training
- Ensure that all members are aware of, understand and follow the club’s health and safety policy.
- Appoint a competent club member/s to assist with health and safety responsibilities.
- Ensure that normal operating procedures and emergency operating procedures are in place and known by all members
- Provide access to adequate first aid facilities and qualified first aider at all times where possible.
- Report any incidents, injuries or accidents sustained during any club activity or whilst on the club premises.
- Ensure that the implementation of the policy is reviewed regularly and monitored for effectiveness
AS A CLUB MEMBER YOU HAVE A DUTY TO:
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or do not do.
- Co-operate with the club at all times on health and safety issues.
- Correctly use all equipment provided by the club.
- Not interfere with or misuse anything provided for your health, safety or welfare.
CLUB HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER/OFFICERS
Michelle Balchin and Claire Gallagher Nov 2019 shared role
Fiona Barnes Covid19 Health and Safety Officer
Location of telephones:
Held on the appointed coach at every coached session
Held on the run leader (and one other appointed person where possible)
Held on the appointed committee member/assigned LiRF lead at the venue
Chair Claire Hawes:- 07770928994
Welfare Officers Fi Barnes 07766144392 & Dave McGrath 07883582240
Club secretary & race risk assessor Phil Jeyes 07833467562