Cotswold Way Relay 2020 – Saturday July 4th
Much to my surprise I managed to crack the CWR teams last Sunday night. Thank you for all the entries I received, just short of 50 this year.
As I said previously it is highly likely we will be allocated 3 teams of 10, so 30 runners by my maths (O’level grade C, 1984 btw, which was also much to Mr Whitfield’s surprise).
I am by now really getting on Team Bath AC’s (the organisers) nerves by asking for a 4th team & reminding them we were loaning out runners last year to clubs who couldn’t fill their teams at the last minute. I won’t know till March 10th if my incessant whinging has worked.
On the basis of the expected 3 teams for now, here they are. I know there will be some disappointments amongst you, but I have been as fair as I possibly can & have agreed the principles of selection with the committee.
The principles were:
- All 2019 unused reserves who wanted a place, get one. That included me!
- Those closing in on king/queen of the Cotswolds get preference.
- Getting a good representation of new faces on board.
- Maintaining the boys/girls ratio we need on a mixed team.
- Existing Kings/Queens of the Cotswolds go in the reserves.
For those selected in a team, just please let me know asap if you NO LONGER wish to run. You don’t need to let me know if you are happy with your place, although that would of course be nice & give me a lovely warm feeling.
Could Leg Captains please confirm they are up to the job.
I am always here to chat anything CWR, so if you have any questions let me know.
I’ll be in touch again after March 10th when we can start talking money and I will start entering names & details into the rather tedious TBAC entry “portal”; I do have a problem with that word.
- Saturday July 4th
- Entry will be £15 but don’t start paying anything yet
- Leg Captains are on the drafts.
- No Tee shirts, Mugs or Medals - I don’t think
But it is heaps of fun.
The sun ALWAYS shines.
The leg selfies are always the best…
Dave C; CWR Monitor
Withdrawals & replacements
- Any runner withdrawing for whatever reason after the teams have been issued will be replaced by a replacement (obvs).
- If the withdrawer has paid their entry fee, the replacement will pay their fee to the withdrawing runner.
- If the withdrawer has not paid, the replacement will pay their fee to the club as normal.
Withdrawals after May 31st
Anyone withdrawing after May 31st will not be reimbursed by the new runner. The new runner will get an FOC place.
You can get more info on the run by going to the CWR website: http://www.cotswoldwayrelay.co.uk/
Any questions please speak with Dave Chittock.
For written contact with me, please email me only at Davidchittock66@gmail.com. No Facebook posts, messages, texts, flag signalling or notes through my letterbox.